Our 5-star package is completely focused on giving you the most upmarket and highly rated accommodations in Tanzania’s iconic northern safari region, and ending on a highlight within Kenya’s well known Masai Mara.
We start our journey in Tarangire National Park, in Northern Tanzania, which is teeming with large herds of elephant, and ancient baobab trees where our lodges are located.
Our next stop is Ngorongoro Crater, alive with a diversity of fauna and flora, in the basin of an extinct volcanic valley and our lodge is perched on the rim, with endless views over this picturesque valley. We then proceed deep into the Grumeti section of the Western/central Serengeti for the iconic herds of animal that made this region famous.
Our final stop is the wonderful Masai Mara, in a luxury lodge that redefines tented opulence, with resident all year round wildlife viewing, set on a tranquil bend of the Sand River.
- Secret Season: 1 – 31 Mar & 1 Nov – 10 Dec 2020
- $13 86000per person sharing
- Single surcharge on request
- Shoulder Season: 5 Jan – 28 Feb 2020
- $16 83000per person sharing
- Single surcharge on request
- Peak Season: 1 Jun – 31 Oct 2020
- $18 42500per person sharing
- (Book and pay before 10 Feb 2020 for travel in July and September and receive an additional early bird discount of $1000 per person = $17 425)
Single surcharge on request
TIPS FROM THE EXPERT
East Africa is famous primarily for the Great Migration, and the unrivalled herds of animals trekking across the savanna. The migration rotates through the 3 major areas of Ngorongoro, Serengeti and Masai Mara throughout the year, and at least one of the lodges, at any given time of the year, will give you access to this wildlife spectacular. If necessary we can also use sister lodges slightly north or south of the original location, to best fit the chances of encountering the migration whilst it passes through an area, at a chosen time of year. We need to maintain this flexibility in itineraries, to find a perfect match when you have chosen your dates. Please keep this in mind when you enquire with us, as we may adjust one or two of the lodges in this program, to help raise the odds of seeing the migration for you.
The other secret to a good East African itinerary, is handpicked lodges in breathtaking settings.
So many of the safari lodges “claim” to have the best locations, but in reality are in the thick of mass tourism, and do not offer the exclusivity, and tranquility you need to enjoy a memorable experience. Many are in fact unsuited to a true exclusive safari experience, and hence we avoid them.
Our commitment to you is that our handpicked 5-star lodges with settings that are idyllic, unique and perfectly chosen for a world-class safari experience.
Did you know: With direct flights now available from New York to Nairobi, it got a lot easier to reach East Africa from the USA, and if you are travelling from Europe, it’s a simple matter of Frankfurt, Amsterdam, and London, serving the route to Nairobi and/ or Kilimanjaro with daily flights.
- Tarangire National Park and its unique treehousesLake Manyara National Park, and its unique birdlife and tree climbing lions
- Ngorongoro Crater conservation area, an extinct volcanic valley.
- Serengeti National Park, Grumeti Game reserve
- Masai Mara national reserve
- Accommodation at 5 star quality lodges, with meal plan as listed in the itinerary snapshot.
- Interlodge transport in 2 sectors:
- Sector 1: Transport is on a 6 seater luxury safari vehicle, driving overland from Arusha to Tarangire, and then on to Ngorongoro.
- Thereafter, Sector 2: Seat in plane shared charter flights between Ngorongoro (Manyara Airstrip) and Singita Sasakwa, and thereafter to Masai Mara (Please note: there is a border crossing by road into Kenya, connecting with 2 short charter flights).
- Final seat in plane shared charter flight from Masai Mara to Nairobi Wilson airport, and then road transfer to Jomo Kenyatta international airport, Nairobi.
- Expert English speaking senior tour guides with vast knowledge and great professionalism.
- All tourism taxes and government levies.
- Added value: Due to highly limited luggage allowances of 15 kgs (33 lbs) per shared charter sector per person, we have added an extra seat per person, to allow you 66 lbs per sector per person.
- If you arrive in Kenya, we will add 1 free night at the start or the end of your journey on a BB basis, at a suitable hotel to enable you to make your incoming or outgoing connection.
- International flights
- Drinks not specified within the itinerary.
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities and tips ( Guideline: U$ 10 per person, per day)
- Personal expenses such as curio shop expenses, phone calls etc
- Please note these rates can fluctuate slightly due to fuel prices which have an effect on the transport/ flights.
- Price excludes any items not mentioned in Inclusions, and flight prices are subject to availability.
- Any Meals not mentioned in Inclusions
- Optional Activities